|首页 > English > Window to Campus > Teacher Recruitment|
Job Openings at Harbin Institute of Technology
Academy of Fundamental and Interdisciplinary Sciences,
Harbin Institute of Technology
Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) is listed as one of China C9, whose research fund has reached to 206 million US dollars by 2008. Academy of Fundamental and Interdisciplinary Sciences (AFIS), founded in 2005 as a new endeavor to build HIT into a world-class university, is in charge of the construction of 14 institutes engaged in fundamental, rising and interdisciplinary research in HIT, including the Natural Science Research Center, the Bio-X Center, the Nano Technology Research Center, the HyTech Research Center, the History of Science and Technology and Development Strategy Center, the Institute of Chemistry and Energy Material Innovation, etc.
Members of the “National Thousand-elite Program”, “Changjiang Scholars”, winners of the “National Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars” and other talents of upper-level at home and abroad are wanted for the construction of the following scientific research platforms of AFIS:
Qualification and beneficial treatment
Detailed information could be found on the following website: http://www.hit.edu.cn/express/employ.htm.
Address: Room 519, Bldg. 2H, 2 Yikuang Str., Nangang Dist., Harbin, P.R. China, 150080
Contact: Zhang Yifang
Academy of Fundamental and Interdisciplinary Sciences
Harbin Institute of Technology
Aug. 20th, 2009
Job Openings at School of Foreign Languages,
The School of Foreign Languages at Harbin Institute of Technology is recruiting full and part-time international teachers. The related information is as follows:
1. A brief introduction of the School of Foreign Languages
The School of Foreign Languages consists of English Department, Russian Department, Japanese Department, College English Teaching Section, Graduate English Teaching Section, English Training Center, Multimedia Teaching and Research Center, Language and Culture Institute, Canadian Studies Institute, Russian Language and Culture Reseach Center as well as English Education Research Center. Among 177 faculty members, there are 25 full professors and 89 associate professors.
2. Position description
Both full-time and part-time teachers will be responsible for teaching two or three foreign language courses to students. Teachers are also expected to conduct research work in the fields of foreign language and literature and have the research results published both nationally and internationally every year. Active participation in other academic and non-academic activities at the School of Foreign Languages would also be appreciated.
3. Qualified candidates
1) Applicants should hold Ph.D degree and have recognized teaching experiences in the fields of foreign language teaching, literature and education.
2) Applicants should be physically healthy, have a creative approach to their work with a willing spirit of cooperation and possess a high level of moral integrity.
3) Applicants are expected to have expereince in teaching and research at well-known international academic institutions for at least three years.
4. Salary and benefits
1) New recruits will be provided with housing and research funding. Please refer to the following website for detailed information: http://www.hit-hr.com/plans.asp?id=968.
2) Salary will be decided according to qualifications and experience.
3) Harbin Institute of Technology will offer help to the new recruits in terms of schooling for their children and employment for spouses.
4) Those who can only serve as part-time teachers will receive their salary based on their actual working time at Harbin Institute of Technology, which is about RMB15,000-30,000 yuan per month (before tax). Harbin Institute of Technology will reimburse international travel fare once a year. Harbin Institute of Technology will offer temporary housing to part-time recruits during their stay at Harbin Institute of Technology.
5) Harbin Institute of Technology will help successful applicants obtain long-term working and living permit in China according to related national and local policies.
6) Harbin Institute of Technology will negotiate with local governments regarding other requirements and difficulties new recruits may experience.
5. The recruiting procedures
1) Applicants should send a current vita or resume to the contact person via email (including photos and all other relating documents), with the title of Email annotated: School of Foreign Languages-Application-Name.
2) School of Foreign Languages will evaluate the applicants’ resumes and other materials as soon as possible. Only those who pass the first-round evaluation will receive an interview notice.
3) The materials of those who have passed the interview will be submitted to the Department of Human Resources at Harbin Institute of Technology for further evaluation and then to the University Board Members for final approval.
4) Those who have been approved by the Board will receive Job Offer Letter.
5) Working contract will be signed when successful applicants register with Harbin Institute of Technology.
6. Contact information
Contact person: Prof. SONG WANG
Name of Agency: School of Foreign Languages, Harbin Institute of Technology
Address: 92 Xidazhi St., Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, P.R.China, 150001
Tel: 86-451-86414485 Fax: 86-451-86414509